Watching Noah, a movie by Ray Comfort, on Living Waters’ YouTube channel turned into a Bible study for me. I found myself rewinding it on several occasions in order to process every morsel of what I was hearing.
I was amazed at how we humans think we know more than everyone else. How condescending we become when we don’t agree with another person.
I love the way Ray Comfort witnesses. Though he is criticized by many for his delivery, his methods of ministry appear to be very effective. No matter how condescending, dismissive, or rude someone becomes, Ray just keeps feeding them the Word of God persistently and in love.
I applaud him for how he was blowing his interviewees’ minds, in the movie Noah. He even left a professor of geology and oceanography almost speechless.
Here are some notes I took while watching this mind-blowing movie:
- According to Jesus, the events surrounding the life of Noah are related to each one of us. Much like today, people that knew right from wrong ignored Noah’s warning of God’s coming judgment. Matthew 24:37
- Noah was a preacher of righteousness and we too are to be the same.
- We should be warning people – calling for repentance and faith in Jesus Christ in the world.
- We should be letting people know that Jesus is coming back.
- Noah’s ark was a type of Christ.
- God didn’t have to put millions of animals on the ark because He only needed a pair from every kind (canine, feline, etc.).
- There were thousands not millions of animals and the animals were not grown, making it possible for all of them to fit on the ark. Also, the ark was a big three-level ship.
Scriptures and notes from the movie that show the signs of being in the last days:
1. In the last days, there will be many money-hungry Bible teachers.
“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.” ~ 2 Peter 2:1-3
2. In the last days, there will be famines and pestilences, and earthquakes in many places.
“For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.” ~ Matthew 24:7
3. The moon will become blood red. (The news reported the moon turned blood red recently.)
“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:” ~ Acts 2:20
4. In the last days, blasphemy will be very common.
“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy …” ~ 2 Timothy 3:1,2
5. In the last days, there will be an increase in acceptance of sin as in the day of Sodom.
“Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.” ~ Luke 17:28-30
6. In the last days, religious hypocrisy will be prevalent.
“Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” ~ 2 Timothy 3:5
7. In the last days, people will deny that God created the heavens and that He judged the world through “Noah’s” flood.
“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts … For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:” ~ 2 Peter 3:3,5,6
8. The last day will be marked by fear of the future.
“Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.” ~ Luke 21:26
9. In the last days, scoffers will mock the coming of Christ saying these signs have always existed.
“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.” ~ 2 Peter 3:3,4
10. In the last days, people will ignore the warning of the Gospel. They will continue to be busy doing what they want to do whether it’s good or bad.
“But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” ~ Matthew 24:37-39
I give this movie five stars and say to Ray Comfort, I commend you for your boldness and diligence in leading people to Christ, our Savior. You are doing so much more for Christ than those that sit back and criticize you for doing what the Word of God tells us to do.
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations …” Matthew 28:19
“The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor.” ~ 1 Corinthians 3:8 NIV
“And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part.” ~ Mark 9:38-40
Be sure to watch Noah | Full Movie on Living Waters’ YouTube channel and take plenty of notes!
In the time of Noah, people were going about their daily lives, not mindful of the impending destruction. Like them, are we ignoring warnings of God’s coming judgment? The Bible gives us clear signs of the last days. Did you know the Scriptures say we will see:
• Flippant use of God’s name
• Money-hungry preachers and rampant hypocrisy in the church
• Wars and rumors of wars
• Denial of a global flood
But surely no educated person could believe that Noah and his ark ever really existed. Wouldn’t it be impossible to fit millions of species of animals into one boat? And what evidence is there (if any) for a worldwide catastrophic flood? However…what if it did all happen exactly as the Bible says? What would that mean? Who was Noah, and why is the amazing account of his life so relevant to you in the 21st century? Don’t be caught unaware. Time may be very short. Will you be ready?
A movie by Ray Comfort. This is not the Russell Crowe film.
Living Waters exists to inspire and equip Christians to fulfill the Great Commission.
Learn How to Witness to People – Find tracts and other Witnessing resources.